Narmada River Heritage Trail
This journey takes us through central Madhya Pradesh, meandering along the Narmada River, a lifeline of Central India. Learn how the fates the historical towns of Indore, Maheshwar, and Mandu are intertwined with this river. Empires came and perished for control of this holy river, second only to the Ganges River in sanctity. Along the way, we roam through the jungle, discover a amazing fort, and boat on the river. We stay in three different places where history, nature and modernity collide. Starting in Indore, we travel to Sailani where we experience the rich biodiversity of the Narmada. From there we go to the historical town of Maheshwar, staying in a heritage fort. Last we go to Mandu, home to one of the largest forts in India and the Jahaz Mahal (Ship Palace), before ending up back in Indore.
Day 01 –Pune to -Indore - Sailani.
Day 02 – Sailani to Maheshwar
Day 03 –Maheshwar-Mandu-Indore
Day 04 – Indore- Pune
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in given / similar category hotels
- Meal plan MAP: Breakfast and dinner included
- All sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary
- Child of the age of below 5 Years of complimentary without extra bed
- GST as applicable (5% as on today)
- Personal expenses of any nature.
- Train/Air fare
- Guide, entry Charges, activity charges.
- Unforeseen Expenses because of the weather conditions.
- Cost of Insurance.
- Any extra expense such as route change, Date change, Accommodation facilities, etc. incurred due to the unforeseen, unavoidable forced majeure circumstances during the tour.
- Anything which is not mentioned in “Tour price includes”.