Land Of Royal Bengal Tiger
The Sundarbans a UNESCO World Heritage Site is located at the South eastern tip of the 24 Paraganas district about 110 km from Kolkata. It got its name from one of the mangrove plants known as Sundari (Heritiera Minor). Sundarbans are a part of the world’s largest delta, formed by the mighty rivers Ganga, Brahmaputra and Meghna. Situated on the lower end of Gangetic West Bengal, the Sundarbans is criss-crossed by hundreds of creeks and tributaries. It is one of the most attractive and alluring places remaining on earth, a truly undiscovered paradise. The Sundarbans is the largest single block of tidal, halophytic mangrove forests in the world. The name can be literally translated as beautiful jungle. The name may have been derived from the Sundari trees that are found in the Sundarbans. . It spans a vast area covering 4264 sq. km in India alone. It is the largest Tiger Reserve and National Park.
Apart from being a unique largest mangrove eco-system of the world, the Sundarbans has the world’s largest deltaic mangrove forests and is also home to one of India’s most iconic wildlife species – the Royal Bengal Tiger. It is also the world’s largest estuarine forest criss-crossed by hundreds of creeks and tributaries, intersected by a network of tidal waterways, small islands of salt-tolerant mangrove forests and mudflats. The interconnected network of waterways makes almost every nook and corner of the forest accessible by boats or rafts making it one of the most attractive and alluring places on earth and an undiscovered paradise. The Sundarbans also serves as a crucial protective barrier for the inhabitants in and around Kolkata against the floods that result from the cyclones which are a regular occurrence. Sundarbans have also been enlisted amongst the finalists in the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Day 01: Kolkata to Sundarban (100 kms + River Cruise)
Day 02: Sundarban Sightseeing
Day 03: Sundarban to Kolkata (100 kms + River Cruise)
|Sundarban||Sundarban Tiger Camp / Similar||Riverside Holiday Resort (Sup. Dlx) / Similar||S2 / Mangrove Retreat / United 21 / Suranjana / Similar|
- Accommodation (AC Room) on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive AC Vehicle for transfers & sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- Non AC Cruise only in Motor Boat in the Creeks & Forests.
- Service of trained local Guide at Sundarban.
- Entry Fees for Watchtowers.
- Forest Entry permits.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion