The backwaters in Kerala are a chain of brackish lagoons and lakes lying parallel to the Arabian Sea coast (known as the Malabar Coast). Houseboat or Kettuvallam rides in the backwaters are a major tourist attraction. Backwater tourism is centered mostly around Ashtamudi Lake, Kollam. Boat races held during festival seasons are also a major tourist attraction in the backwater regions.The backwater network includes large lakes such as the Ashtamudi Lake, the largest among them, linked by 1500 km of canals, both man-made and natural and fed by several rivers, and extending virtually the entire length of Kerala state. The backwaters were formed by the action of waves and shore currents creating low barrier islands across the mouths of the many rivers flowing down from the Western Ghats range. Backwaters in Kerala for honeymoon and family holiday are quite popular. You may short some best Kerala backwaters tour packages after reading about Kerala backwaters reviews available on various websites.
Eastern Kerala consists of land encroached upon by the Western Ghats; the region thus includes high mountains, gorges, and deep-cut valleys. The wildest lands are covered with dense forests, while other regions lie under tea and coffee plantations (established mainly in the 19th and 20th centuries) or other forms of cultivation. The Western Ghats rise on average to 1500 m elevation above sea level. Some of the popular hill stations in the region are Munnar, Vagamon, Paithalmala, Wayanad, Nelliyampathi, Elapeedika, Peermade, Thekkady and Ponmudi.
Day 1: Trivandrum to Kovalam (16 Km / 30 Min)
Day 2: Trivandrum Sightseeing & back to Kovalam
Day 3: Kovalam to Alleppey (160 Km / 04 Hrs & 16 Min)
Day 4:Alleppey to Kumarakom (33 Km / 01 Hrs)
Day 5: Kumarakom to periyar (112 Km / 03 Hrs & 22 Min)
Day 6: Periyar to Munnar (98 Km / 03 Hrs & 15 Min)
Day 7: Munnar
Day 8: Munnar to Cochin (128 Km / 03 Hrs & 58 Min)
Day 9: Departure Cochin
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in given / similar category hotels
- Meal plan MAP: Breakfast and dinner included
- All sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary
- Child of the age of below 5 Years of complimentary without extra bed
- GST as applicable (5% as on today)
- Personal expenses of any nature.
- Train/Air fare
- Guide, entry Charges, activity charges.
- Unforeseen Expenses because of the weather conditions.
- Cost of Insurance.
- Any extra expense such as route change, Date change, Accommodation facilities, etc. incurred due to the unforeseen, unavoidable forced majeure circumstances during the tour.
- Anything which is not mentioned in “Tour price includes”.