Historical Tour ( Murshidabad-berhampur & Malda)
Murshidabad: The last capital city of independent Bengal before British rule was named after Nawab Murshid Quli Khan, the Dewan of Bengal, Bihar and Odisha. Situated on the banks of the Bhagirathi, it is a city of splendour and is famous for its silk. It was made the capital of Bengal in 1717. The British shifted the capital to Kolkata in 1773. Plassey (Palashi), where the historic battle was fought in 1757 between Nawab Siraj-ud-Doula and Lord Clive of the East India Company, is only 40 km south of Murshidabad.
Malda: The gateway to North Bengal, Malda, with its rich history and heritage, is one of the most famous tourist destinations of West Bengal, nestled at the confluence of the Mahananda and Kalindi rivers. Malda town, with all its grace, adds to the beauty of Bengal.
Malda was previously known as English Bazaar. It got that name from the English factory that was established here in 1771. From Malda, you can visit Gaur and Pandua. Gaur was the capital of three dynasties of ancient Bengal – the Buddhist Palas, the Hindu Senas and the Muslim Nawabs. Pandua, once the alternate seat of power to Gaur, has the third largest concentration of Muslim monuments in Bengal. Historical monuments include the mosque Jami Masjid (1566) and the landmark Nimasari tower across the river. The Malda Museum has a great collection of the region’s architectural and anthropological specimens.
During the 18th century, Malda was the seat of prosperous cotton and silk industries. The area grows rice, jute, legumes and oilseeds. Malda is also famous for its mangoes and mulberries.
Day 01: Kolkata – Malda ( 365 kms / approx 10 hrs)
Day 02 : Malda Sightseeing
Day 03 : Malda to Murshidabad (175 kms / 4 & half hrs).
Day 04 : Visit Berhampur and Murshidabad
Day 05 : Murshidabad – Kolkata (200 kms / 7 hrs drive)
|NO OF PAX|
(COST PER PERSON)
|06 PAX||16900||14200||TEMPO TRAVELER|
|EXTRA PAX (EPSR)||4200||3000||NA|
|CHILD NO BED (CNB)||2700||1900||NA|
|DESTINATIONS||SUPERIOR - (CP)||DELUXE - (CP)|
|Malda||Golden Park (Sup Dlx) / Similar||Mayaban / Malda Tourist Lodge / Hari Om / Similar|
|Murshidabad||The Fame (Sup. Dlx) / Sunshine (White Gold) / Similar||Sonali Bangla / Berhampur Tourist Lodge / Similar|
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive AC Vehicle for transfers & sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion