Forest, Hills And Lakes Of South India
During this long tour we will explore the palace, hills, forest and lakes of South India.
Mysore Mysore (or Mysuru), is second largest city in Karnataka state which covers an area of more than 40 sqkm and is administered by the Mysore City Corporation. Situated 763 meters above sea level surrounded by hill ranges from north to south, it is known as the ‘Garden City’ and the ‘City of Palaces’. It was the capital of the Kingdom of Mysore from 1399-1947. In its centre is opulent Mysore Palace, former seat of the ruling Wodeyar dynasty. The palace blends Hindu, Islamic, Gothic and Rajput styles, and is dramatically lit at night. Mysore is also famous for the centuries-old Devaraja Market, filled with spices, silk and sandalwood.
Wayanad The name Wayanad is derived from Vayal Nadu which means the land of paddy fields. It is a picturesque plateau situated at a height between 700 meters and 2100 meters above the sea level nested among the mountains of the Western Ghats on the Eastern portion of North Kerala and on the sides of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka States. The culture of Wayanad is mainly tribal oriented.
Ooty Ooty is located in the Western Ghats at a height of 7,500ft above from the sea level, and it is the headquarters of the Nilgiri District, Tamil Nadu. Ooty is the Queen of the Hill Stations, also known as Blue Mountains. This hill station has splendid green downs and lofty hills of extraordinary scenic beauty. Summer temperature varies from 100C to 250C; winter temperature varies from 00C to 210C
Kodaikanal Kodaikanal is a hill town in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It’s set in an area of granite cliffs, forested valleys, lakes and grassy hills. At 2,000 meters above sea level, it has a cooler climate than the plains below and is a popular holiday destination. The town centres on star-shaped, man-made Kodaikanal Lake, bordered by evergreen forest.
Day 01: Bangalore – Mysore ( 150 Kms / 3 ½ Hrs )
Day 02 : Mysore – Wayanad ( 140 Kms / 3 ½ Hrs )
Day 03: Local Sightseeing and overnight stay in Wayanad
Day 04: Wayanad – Ooty ( 120 Kms / 2 ½ Hrs )
Day 05: Local Sightseeing and overnight stay in Ooty
Day 06: Ooty – Kodaikanal ( 260 Kms / 6 ½ Hrs )
Day 07: Local Sightseeing and overnight stay in Kodaikanal
Day 08: Kodaikanal - Coimbatore - Check out from the hotel and departure transfer (as per the departure timing)
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in given / similar category hotels
- Meal plan MAP: Breakfast and dinner included
- All sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary
- Child of the age of below 5 Years of complimentary without extra bed
- GST as applicable (5% as on today)
- Personal expenses of any nature.
- Train/Air fare
- Guide, entry Charges, activity charges.
- Unforeseen Expenses because of the weather conditions.
- Cost of Insurance.
- Any extra expense such as route change, Date change, Accommodation facilities, etc. incurred due to the unforeseen, unavoidable forced majeure circumstances during the tour.
- Anything which is not mentioned in “Tour price includes”.