Best of Baku and Gabala
The Caspian Sea coast is a popular tourist destination due to its warm climate. Here you can relax and unwind from the hectic pace of life all year round, as well as swim and sunbathe all the way from May to September. New modern hotels with well-kept private beaches for your comfort and pleasure have been built here during recent years. The climate of the peninsula is mainly subtropical which is why winters in Baku are always short and mild and summers long and hot. Despite the fact that Baku is located on the same latitude as Italy or Greece, rainfall is not that frequent and the average annual temperature is slightly higher.
The capital of Azerbaijan, where past and present are intricately intertwined, has always attracted tourists. Of particular interest to guests is the Old City or Icheri Sheher (Inner City) with its fortress walls and Maiden Tower. These fascinating structures are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Of no less interest for visitors is the modern appearance of the capital. Among the new landmarks of Baku are the magnificent Flame Towers, the Heydar Aliyev Centre and the sports, leisure and entertainment complex, Crystal Hall.
Day 01; Arrival at Baku
- Highland Park/Alley of Martyrs: formerly The Kirov Park, is a cemetery and memorial in Baku, Azerbaijan. It is located on a hill in the south of the city and offers views of the Caspian Sea
- Flame Towers - is a trio of skyscrapers in Baku, Azerbaijan, including the tallest in the country. Towers symbolize the long history of fire worshippers that considered Azerbaijan as a birthplace for prophet Zoroaster.
- Crystal Hall is an indoor arena in Baku, Azerbaijan. Located on the coast of Baku near National Flag Square.
- Nizami Street is a large pedestrian and shopping street in downtown Baku, Azerbaijan, named after classical poet Nizami Ganjavi. The street's history could be traced back to Baku's town-planning project of 1864. The street runs through the city's downtown from west to east.
- Fountain square is a public square in downtown Baku. The square is a public gathering place, especially after business hours and during the weekend. It is an attractive tourist destination with many boutiques, restaurants, shops, hotels and passage.
Day 02: Baku city tour
- Maiden Tower (XII century),:Baku historian Sara Ashurbayli calculated that the tower must have been built in the 4th to 6th centuries AD. This was because of the tower’s unusual construction, the difference between the stone used in the tower and the stone of the obsolete city surrounding it and the different, legends about the Maiden Tower.
- Palace of Shirvanshahs (XV century), : UNESCO World Heritage Palace of the Shirvanshahs is the biggest monument of the Shirvan-Absheron branch of Azerbaijan architecture. It is in the Inner City of Baku. There is the main building of the palace, Divanhane, the burial vaults, the shah's mosque with a minaret, Seyid Yahya Bakuvi's mausoleum, a portal in the east Murad's gate, a reservoir and the remnants of the bath-house.
- Minaret Synyk Gala,
- Caravan Saray,
- Juma Mosque
- Heydar Aliyev Cultural Complex (from outside) which was built for memory of great national leader.
- Baku boulevard
- Baku Eye (Ferris wheel- Ticket not included): Baku Ferris Wheel, also known as the Baku Eye, is a Ferris wheel on Baku Boulevard in the Seaside National Park of Baku, capital of Azerbaijan. The wheel was built by the Dutch company Dutch Wheels. From the top of the Baku eye you can enjoy the striking view to the Caspian Sea and Baku. The cabinets are clean and tidy, the best thing is you do not have to wait in the queue and usually it is quiet in there. The observation wheel is approx. 200 feet tall. There are 30 cabins capable of accommodating up to 8 passengers at a time. Officially opened in 2014, this 60m amazing big wheel performs attractive light shows after dark. As it spins very slowly, so a ride takes approximately 15 minutes including stops. For the best experience one should visit this place at night. ‘Baku eye’ is one of the must visit attractions in Baku tour packages.